Thursday, June 19, 2008

P R E S T O N ' S Planet

Preston is my great-nephew. He is also my next door neighbor and often my "date" for events. He lives with his Ya-Ya and his Papa (aka Jayme & Carey, his grandparents). He is 3 and 3/4 years old and will be 4 in September. He is being raised by the elderly, but he doesn't seem to mind at all. He has all of us wrapped around his little finger - including his great grandparents, Aunt OOH, and Aunt B - we all are crazy about him. I try to kiss him every morning before I go to work and every night when I get home. Sometimes he runs out of them.
Preston is pretty busy. He went to the Farmers Market on Saturday and enjoyed watching the tall clown, make a balloon sword. He loves swords and sword action... I tried to get him to watch Mulan, the Disney movie about a Chinese girl who fights the Huns and saves China. It took quite a while for him to watch it because it was about a girl. After convincing him that boys were in it and he would probably like it, he watched it, and watched it and watched it. If you know any 3-4 year olds, they can watch the same movie a million times and want to see it again... I was hoping he would want to be like Mulan.... or Chang. But NO. His favorite character is the HUN. We have had to curb the watching of Mulan... sadly. When he makes his mean face - we call it his Hun face.
Preston is making good use of my mini trampoline. I'm glad it is getting used!! He likes to remove all pillows and furniture and create a fun spot to play in. He is very busy and active. He goes and goes just like the Ever-Ready bunny!!
Fridays are going to be Preston's Planet days. I will be reporting on his shananigans and his point of view, such as it is! As Preston would say: "I'm sorry but I have to go home now..." More on Preston next week!

No comments: