Thursday, July 17, 2008

I Speak to Dead People (nod to Laura)


Ok, this is a customer service phone call I had today:
Receptionist at service center: May I help you?
Me: I'd like to speak to Randy in shipping.
- Phone rings, answers and I am informed electronically that
the voicemail is full and to call back later.
I hit zero- go back the receptionist at service center (RSC):
May I help you?
Me: I called for Randy but he is not answering and his VM is full. I need
to speak to a live person there for some tracking info. Can I speak to Pandhi?
RSC: Pandhi is not in today. Would you like his voicemail?
Me: No thank you, I need to speak to a live person today. Please let me
talk to someone in shipping.
RSC: Would you like to talk to Randy?
Me: Yes, but he is not answering and his VM is full.
RSC: pause... well let me page him and I'll see if he answers.
Me: thanks that would be great.
RSC: (after 5 mins on hold) Randy's not answering his page.
Would you like his voicemail?
Me: (I am gritting my teeth now) No, Randy's vm is full... I really need
to speak to a live person, is there someone else there who can help me?
RSC: Oh, Randy's alive, he just isn't picking up his calls or pages. ...
Me: I need to speak to an actual person, not vm, not a message. I understand
that Randy is alive. I need someone to help me today, from shipping. Is there
someone else there?
RSC: uh,...would you like to leave Randy a voicemail?
AARRGGH!!!!

2 comments:

Michele McLaughlin said...

"Oh Randy is alive, he's just not picking up his phone". HAHAHAH!!! That is too funny. I don't know how you didn't burst out laughing. Some people - you have to wonder how they even function being so clueless. Thanks for the laugh!

laura said...

LOVE IT!!! seriously, where do these people come from?