Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend 2009

Wasatch Lawn, soft drizzle falling, green and quiet. Our relatives were very laid back
and even if David thinks they are a little "stiff" - it was a good visit. Being a g-ma, I appreciate my Grandma very much and still miss her. Didn't know my Grandpa, but sounds like he was
a character and a wonderful man. I miss what I didn't get to know. Doing the cemetary visit
is one of my favorite things. Morbid? No. It is very peaceful for some reason.

Mother, directing the clean up, clipping and flower arranging. She was actually a bit
bossy! I think she was showing off for her parents....

The next generation, getting lessons on the cleaning, care and tending of the family plots.
He said he wasn't tall enough to do it by himself yet. Jayme spent Saturday (with Sue and Kim)
at Murray cemetary placing flags on the veteran's graves there so she had it down.
Surprise visit from Mike and the boys - Sue had a BBQ on Saturday - Preston was delighted with someone closer to his own size to wrestle with....

Adam (Skouge) was taking pictures of people with my camera - nice shot! (NOT)

Becky with some of her offspring. 3 sweet men and the woman who loves them. Can you
tell from her expression?

Dad, enjoying the party ever so much.

Preston - Dad stopped by the office last week to show us the result of their park visit. He takes
after his Grandpa.

2 comments:

Davino said...

Nice pics - been a long time since I was on Wasatch Lawn duty, good memories!

dennisandsong said...

Looks like a good week-end! Sorry we missed it!