Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Sorry I missed writing on the actual day - with Dad in the hospital, and family visiting it was hard to find extra time. I am thankful for my family who mean so much. Clark, Corey and Danielle, Aaron all came to town and we almost had all of us together (except David - we missed you and your shadow, Smartalek) The Boise boys (& Danielle) did all the needed honey-do's at Mom and Dad's and Danielle cleaned and kept Mom company so that was much appreciated and helpful. Doctor Dodge has been, as usual, talking with the Doctors (as she is one of them) and keeping (trying to) Dad focused on his recovery. Sue got Mom and Dad's house decorated and Glen put up the lights so Mom can enjoy the spirit even if Dad isn't going to be home this holiday. We can hope for the next one, that he will be well. It is a strange reality to have to shift responsibilities and dynamics in our family. I'm thankful for Song and Dennis and my little gkids, who bring me so much joy. I'm thankful for my friends, Lana, Kandis and Roger who always check on me and make me laugh. I'm always extra thankful for my brother/non-husband Carey and my sweet sister Jayme, who gives too much of herself and keeps giving more-including all the free medical advise as well as sharing Preston with me. I just wish I could find someone who would clip my toe nails for me...they aren't as bad as they look....wait! Jayme said she'd take me for a pedicure - see how she is? Ever helpful. Happy Thanksgiving to all and I'll check in sooner....

1 comment:

dennisandsong said...

We're thankful for you too! Thanks for hosting us AGAIN!! Sorry to keep booting you out of your room!!
Love you lots!