Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008 in Review

Happy New Year!! Farewell to 2008 - It was a year of plenty in so many ways. I assume getting older just creates a lot more opportunities for the rites and passages of people's lives. Besides Heather's and Spencer's nuptials, Song's friend Katherine married, and Song's sister in law just in Dec. as well as Lana's cousin, Mary. There were several funerals mostly of the parents of my friends and cohorts, but also one of Song's friend's brother and one of an old friend that was unexpected. Baby Cady was born - she is gorgeous (of course) and growing like a weed - she is fast on the ground and I suspect she will walk by Ian's birthday this Feb if not sooner! Kim kept us lavishly entertained at several of her events and at her home which was so generous and such fun. I have not included any pictures of my friends (just to keep this a bit shorter) but spent some quality time with my best pal, Lana and spent a little time with Zenda, Michele, and Craig over the year...even got to see Roger a bit this year which is always a treat as well! I don't spend enough time with them but love the time we do spend together. As always, my neighbors and the boy keep me going. Looking forward to 2009 to see what happens. I'm grateful that my Dad survived his months in hospital and we're hoping to find a new home/duplex for us all to live closer together in the coming year...stay tuned!
Here are some favorite pics and highlights (and lowlights) from the year....

A couple of angelic expressions if I've ever seen them!
Driving past the Bellagio fountains with Becky and George and Jayme.

Cute Wendy in Sonoma during our visit in November - we had a pre-Thanksgiving
visit and hung out in this beautiful area for a few days.
Had to include my gorgeous picture of the grapes that I took in Sonoma....

Just past the San Francisco bridge - the Sisters. I was very proud of Becky - we took 2 vacations together - that's a LOT of family time...
My baby girl .... I'm so proud of her.
Baby Ian, he was talking on someone's phone and very happy to see us!
Smootchies from my g.kids!!! Heaven on earth for old G-ma!

Halloween playtime...He looks really cute as a chick, huh??

Testing..1,2,3...trying to get that special pic... not this time, but I like it.
Sue missed Preston's party - she had a good excuse (appendix problem) We knew she wouldn't miss it for anything (except a hospital stay) ....

At the birthday party for Carey, Dad and Preston...
Mike is calling the spirit of Nina Lou, circa the picture of her with her hands on the
purple pillow against her cheek. This also followed an extremely rude remark made
by NL to which Mike was noting her sweetness of 79 years strong! (You had to be
there, it was good)
The infamous Sept fall and subsequent damage/infection... nasty.

The neighbors, hangin' in the hood.

Vivi's birthday party - The Bounce house - very cool party fun with that thing. I got stuck in the door getting out. The kids (and some adults, Tom you know who I mean) LOVED it.

Fun vacation to Kim's house in Tucson - we really had a good time.

Another "attempt" picture that makes me laugh. This pic took some work to get it right!

Love this pic of Song and Will

Preston's Official Adoption Photo...

My sweet womb-mate

My sweet little brother with Miss at Heather's rehearsal dinner party.


Porchin' it with Grandpa, Oliver, Grandpa Clark, and Grandma

Bride Heather... it was a fun wedding. The ceremony by the river was unique and Preacher Dave did a great job officiating. May 2008

Baby Cady (Cadence) came to us ... March 11, 2008 - She is a big girl now!

Spencer and Sara tied the knot in October 2008 -

Always entertaining - Capt. Clownshoe - my baby brother. Stinkin' Republicant.

Photographed and matted by Song - my favorite Christmas gift!


Just like this pic of Preston.... He is so rosy cheeked!


The sisters... not sure what was going on here - Becky kept telling Sue not to touch her - it reminded me of the old days when we shared a bedroom...

2 comments:

Davino said...

Be a republi"can" not a dumbo"cant"

laura said...

what a crazy year! wonder what this year will bring!