Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Tooth Fairy


Preston and I had a conversation the other day, and during the conversation, he commented that I had really large teeth. Being the adult that I am, I commented on how small his teeth were. I mentioned to him that at some point all the little teeth in his mouth would come out and be replaced by large honkin' big teeth like mine. He looked fairly shocked about it so while he was processing the loss of all his little teeth, I said do you know about the tooth fairy?? He said he DID know about the tooth fairy, but the info he gave me was fairly sketchy - "the tooth fairy comes at night and leaves stuff" . I told him that some tooth fairies left quarters, some left dimes and some left larger denominations of cash or coin under the pillow and took the tooth, because other little kids who didn't have teeth yet, needed the tooth. (He looked pretty grossed out when I told him this part) I told him I hoped the tooth fairy he got would be generous with him. He thought about these revelations for another minute and said - I want the tooth fairy to bring me a truck not a quarter..... I think we'll have to continue our discussions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet boy I have!

dennisandsong said...

Pretty funny. Kids say the darndedest things! Cute.